Friday, July 02, 2010

Ready or not here I come

I work at a golf course and many of our machines have headlights on them. For some particular reason, Steve, one of my fellow work mates, decided he would flash his headlights at people to simulate shooting them. So, in essence, we are having flashlight wars with very expensive flashlights.

Steve is very good at this game and very sneaky. Sometimes I can see him approaching and other times he is very sneaky. He has an advantage, he is not using a mower but using a work vehicle that allows him to speed all over the golf course to do what he needs to do. The advantage is that he can hear where I am and can slowly creep over the brow of hill behind me, or hide behind trees and wait for me to turn my machine around and then, WHAM, he hits me with a dazzling display of incandescent glory, leaving me frustrated that he has got me again. When I see him coming, it's a matter of who is thinking about their light switch or who is faster to the draw to determine who is the winner.

In a sense, Satan also plays a similar game with us. He is always in attack mode. Sometimes we see him coming but still allow him to attack. What's your power source and how good is it? Are you connected to God allowing him to powerfully shine his light through you or have you temporarily disconnected the cable from this power source. The choice is ours.

Shine on.


No comments: